Wednesday, March 20, 2013

I Love Y-O-U To The Moon And Back

Do you still remember the canvas project that I posted some time ago? I love the quote ' I Love You To The Moon & Back' so much that I made this canvas for my baby room. And Studio Calico actually has a cute little stamp with this awesome quote that I know I have to get it by hook or by crook. And I was lucky enough to have got this much coveted add-on kit ' Lost Boys' during presale which sold out under 5 minutes. I could be wrong, the kit might sold out much quicker than I have realized. 



I created this layout because I have printed way too many photos for my Project Life (not again!!!). So I decided to use them for a layout. The woodgrain paper from Color Conspiracy is simply perfect for the pictures of my dog peeking out from the wooden gate. Those pictures are just too cute to not scrap them right? 

Again, I am determined to use up those sticker labels from Jenni Bowlin Studio from my Studio Calico January kit. So I lined them up next to the photos vertically and adding some ribbons, tags from Amy Tangerine 'Sketchbook', stickers and washi tapes. This layout is heavily inspired by Wilna Furstenberg (my scrap idol) with her way of arranging embellies on a page & stitching layout creatively. You might not be able to see clearly here but I actually made an effort to stitch some ruffled crepe papers under the photos.

p/s: Do you notice the little chipboard birdie on the top left corner? It's so apt because Marco (the dog on the top) waters (okay, I mean fertilizes) the guava tree everyday that those little birdies comes visiting everyday.


Here's the title of the layout. Stamp with Versamark and heat embossed with Zing Gold powder. 

No journaling added on this layout as those tiny yellow stickers pretty much tell you the character of each dog.


Her name is Happy Girl so the sticker is so apt ;)

My ♥♥ for my messy + wonky stitches. It seems I can't complete a layout or PL spread without adding some machine stitching recently. 

I whipped out this layout under two hours. The most time consuming part would be trying to stitch the ruffled crepe papers before adding anything else. Too bad the amount of time & effort I have spent doesn't justify the texture of the crepe papers added. Once the stitching work is done, the rest of the layout came up pretty quickly. I think I will definitely scrap another similar layout by placing the embellies vertically / horizontally next to the photos. Call me a weirdo but I just love using up those stuff that I have gotten from a kit else I tend to hoard them for no reason.

Thanks for looking, XoXo.

10 comments:

  1. I love your blog and all of your work!! :) My blog is still so plain and fairly new. Hehe. <3 Kristine

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your canvas and the add-ons were sold out under 2 mins! I was there at 9.02 am (12.02 EST) and it's SOLD OUT! boo!!!

    Love your LO too! I really need to start going through my kits. I think I have not done any LO with my kits with Jan!!!! Knock me on my head now please! :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE your LO!!! The cluster of embellishments just had me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just saw this layout in the gallery at Two Peas and had to come check out your blog. I so love your style!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw this on Pinterest today, and pinned it :) it's gorgeous Sam

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just saw this on Pinterest and had to come leave you some love. You really rocked this, I LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. totally adorable dog layout! i like the wood grain with the fur. i laughed about the fertilizing. i hoard the stuff i like too. i've been trying to use up my old stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is the best layout of you so far darling and falling in love with the way you emblish this layout! wood grain as a background is the brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Me again :) just to say I loved it so much, that I sort of borrowed your idea, if that's ok lol. I really love it

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a happy layout of the cuties! Love the cluster of stickers, tags and washi tape...really adds to the happy vibe of the layout!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment. I would love to hear from you =)